How does RSS work?
- Start a RSS feed by downloading an RSS reader (also known as a resource). Many free and advertised RSS readers are available online in the form of extensions and applications. Download one of these on your computer or mobile device.
- Go to your favorite websites and look for the RSS link. If you do not see it, type the name of the website and the RSS of the web into a search engine.
- Copy the URL that contains the RSS feed to your site.
- Paste the RSS URL downloaded into the RSS reader.
- Repeat the same procedure on all the websites you visit regularly.
Types of RSS feeds
You can customize your RSS feed so that selected websites send you the latest news directly on your screen. Instead of visiting 15 different places to get news like weather, sports, your favorite photos, the latest gossip or the latest political discussions, go to a single screen and collect the titles of all these websites in one window.
The titles and the stories RSS are prepared immediately. However, once posted on the origin server, RSS holders spend some time before they reach the screen.
Reasons to get rid of RSS
Popular RSS readers
- Feedly for Web, iOS and Android
- Chrome add-on, Panda for the web and iOS
- Reeder 3 for Mac and iOS
- Power supply for Android, Chrome and iOS
- Feedreader for Windows